Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mothers day 2016





I love Mothers Day!  I love celebrating my mother and mother in law.  Most of all I love that I get celebrated for being a mother to my greatest blessings.  My favorite part of the day was being with Richards family at our home eating and chatting!  I sure do miss my mom and sisters on holidays but I am so grateful to have Richards family close by to celebrate all the holiday's with. 


I remember my first mothers day.  I think its kind of funny that we didn't pre plan this day due to the fact we would most likely have a newborn baby.  I guess we were so caught up with the fact we were having our first baby.  I remember late Sunday that it would be my last opportunity to shop for our moms.  40 weeks pregnant I went shopping.  Allison was born 4 days before mothers day.  We were barely home 1 full day from the hospital.  My mom stopped by after church with my sister Jamie for a short visit.  I remember wanting to get out, Richards parents stopped by.  We asked them to watch Allison and ran to the store.  We came back and I got a wild hair and decided to go visit my mom.  She was shocked we came out ate dinner and chatted with everyone.  Later that night I was rocking Allison and she actually looked up at me, I swear she smiled.  It was such a special day.  Becoming a mother was the best thing that happened to me.  I've always been ambitious and a leader.  But becoming a mother there was no way I could let my child down.  I had to be the best and give them the best.  I am so thankful for all my children they each bring me happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment