Sunday, April 19, 2015

28 weeks



This past week I had my appointment for the glucose test.  I skipped the hour test due to my history of failing it and went straight for the fasting three hour test.  You wouldn't believe how hard it was to schedule this apt after several phone tagging it with the nurse and no early apts I settled for a 9:30am apt.  The three house test means you have to fast from the night before until after the three hour test.  It took them a long time to get me back and then they gave me the wrong drink!  Ugh, the nurse switched me to the right one and I was set to do blood work in a hour.  Did I mention I had Beckett with me?!  We managed in lobby for thirty minutes before he got to wild and we went to the car.  Blood work done and I passed the first hour test.  In between the next hour wait I had my regular dr apt.  All normal, heartbeat perfect and the baby's growth on schedule. I only gained 2 pounds which hopefully means I am slowing down, I normal don't gain any weight the last two months.  More blood work and I failed the second hour.  By the end of the third hour we were out of snacks nearing 1pm which was past lunch and nap time, Beckett wasn't so pleasant and I was exhausted thanks to no food and giving blood.  Finally the last hour was up and I did the blood work and I passed the third test, no gestational diabetes!  It was a long day and we celebrated with a juicy burger and milkshake!

Still walking every morning.  I still have a decent amount of energy.  I feel like Camden's movements are very frequent and getting kind of painful.  Cooper finally got to feel Camden move, he was surprised by how strong the kicks were.  Still not sleeping well, but that comes with pregnancy.  I am diligently working on finishing Camden's bedding it is really coming along and I love having a sewing project to work on.  No swelling, I've actually never experienced any swelling during pregnancy so hopefully I'll get lucky again.  I've always been able to wear my wedding ring through out all my pregnancies. The days are getting warmer which makes me happy I love warm weather.  I am addicted to ice and I love slushy's.  No strange cravings besides Chinese food recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment