Thursday, November 5, 2015

Sanchez Adventures









I love weekends off with Richard we always have a ton on our to do list and of course a lot of family fun mixed in!  Our Friday started off with a play date for Cooper at his friend J's house and then Alli was invited to a Midland Christian football game with her friend.  It was almost like a date night with just the two little boys who pretty much do there own thing.  We caught up on our dvr shows.

Saturday was a bit busier.  We started off the morning cleaning the back yard so Richard could mow.  Then the kids had their children's primary program practice.  Once a year the children's classes has a program of songs and talks about the things they learned through the year.  After the practice they had a ice team party and Allison helped serve the younger kids.  Once that was done we had a birthday party for one of my life long friends son M who is Beckett's age.  It was cold but so much fun!!  The kids had a blast and enjoyed catching up with my friend C.  After the party per Allison's request we went over to Martinez bakery and the kids picked out a bunch of pondusa.  Then it was home for the craziest part of our day. Our car has been making a funny sound, Richard figured out it was the water pump.  The dealership said they were gonna charge us a couple grand to fix it and were backed up for weeks.  Richard did some research and decided he would fix it.  While the kids and I were decorating the pumpkins Richard worked on the car. Richards parents stopped by and ended up staying for hours.  Richard needed an extra hand from his dad and his mom hung out with me and the kids.  We finished our pumpkins, it was so much fun!  Each kid had their own idea and I tried to make it come to life.  I even used a cookie cuter to cut one pumpkin.  I then made a huge batch of chicken noodle soup from scratch.  The boys took a break from the car and we all ate dinner.  Cooper got invited to Lee High Schools fall festival with our neighbor friend.  Allison had plans that fell through so we decided last minute to go also.  Grandma watched a fussy Camden and I got the kids ready and we went.  It was a pretty lame experience we only stayed an hour.  I came home and put everyone to bed and cleaned up our huge pumpkins/dinner mess.  The guys were still working on the car!!  After 10pm things finally wrapped up and Richards parents left.  My car was back in working order!!!  Richard said it will be one of his favorite memories with his dad.


Sunday was the program.  We got up early and made it to church ahead of schedule.  Richards parents came and my mother in law held Camden the entire time.  The program was beautiful!  One of my favorite parts was when a little boy said his part and he was told to not speak so loud he whispered his entire line!  Both Allison and Cooper did there parts well.  I was worried because Cooper had a paragraph long speaking part.  Their was no way he could memorize it and he's not the best reader but he did great.  My favorite part of the whole thing was Allison's singing with a small group of girls.  She was right in the middle next to the microphone and you could hear her so clear.  I couldn't help but cry!  It was a perfect Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. how bitter sweet. I bet that is a good memory to recall on later for Richard! I wanna go to Martinez Bakery!!

    ReplyDelete