Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cooper chronicles




My Cooper James should have come to earth with a manual!  We struggle to figure out what makes him tick!  What works for one kid doesn't always work for another.  We had a particular rough day at school where I even received a phone call from his teacher!  Sometimes I worry about my parenting and question everything.  Do I expect to much, am I not patient enough, should I punish differently.  I honestly worry about the man he will become.  My mom told me something that stuck out to me, she said he is only a child and the things your telling me don't sound out of the ordinary.  I did have this deep chat about accountability.  I am concerned he is self gratifying and less considerate.  There is a fine balance as is everything in this world.  Anyway after a long week he had a major turn around and was well behaved for nearly a month now.  A couple of Friday's ago Cooper was on blue at school which means excellent behavior.  We made a deal I would take him for a treat if he is ever on blue.  While Allison and Richard would be at back to back soccer practices the boys and I went to McDonalds.  I truly love my blue eyed baby boy.  It's such a honor to be a mom, I take it very seriously.  After playing and eating the boys and I snuggled in my bed watching Madagascar 3.  It
was wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment