Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hair loss..




A couple weeks ago I noticed Beckett was missing some on spot in the back of his head.  I took him in for a very over due hair cut so I could get a better look.  It was a large spot of missing hair about the size of a quarter.  I made an appointment for him and the diagnoses was Dermatophytosis of the scalp.  Dermatophytosis is a fungus.  Beckett will have to be on medication for two months.  But first the doctor wanted to run lab work on him because this particular medicine is hard on the liver.  So Beckett and I made our way to LabCorp for the blood work.  It was a nightmare.  Beckett allowed the nurse to look at his veins, clean his arm and stick his arm.  But the kid was horrified apparently and pulled out the needle!!  It scraped his arm pretty well and let's just say blood went squirting everywhere.  I nearly passed out and Beckett was pleading with the nurse "done please, I done, I go home."  Little did he know that he was going to be stuck again to actually get the vial of blood from his other arm.  We had to get two nurses to hold him down while I held him on my lap.  He screamed bloody murder.  We have to go back in a month to make sure his liver is still handling the medicine okay.  I'll be taking Richard with me next time.  Another big downer was the medication made Beckett very sick, he had vomit/diarrhea for almost 4 days.  We finally got it figured out as far as dosage and adding a probiotic and he has been fine taking it since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment