Tuesday, August 26, 2014

12 years






August 16th was our twelve year wedding anniversary.  We had big plans to spend a few days without kids in Galveston.  The plan was for the big kids to go with my mom in Fort Worth and for Beckett to stay in midland with Richards parents.  We left Thursday and dropped off Beckett and drove to my mom’s that night.  The next morning we left to Galveston.   We couldn't check in tell 4 so we ate and shopped, after checking in went to our room set our luggage down and called to check on the kids.  I hesitate to get to personal here because this information involves others besides my personal blog, so I will be vague. But this is for my personal records for my kids so I will continue carefully.  We recived a phone call concerning a family members of Richards and we left immediately to come back to Midland.  By best friend dropped everything to come pick up Beckett and took him back to Hobbs NM for the night.   We stopped in Fort Worth picked up the big kids and pulled into Midland after 2am.  That's 18 hours of driving in 30 hours!  Heavenly Father was watching over us.  I slept for five hours then drove to Hobbs to pick up Beckett.  A huge shout out to my BFF who took on a lot at 9 months pregnant!  We made it home after lunch nearly 1pm.  The days were a blur, emotions were high.  Our anniversary certainly did not go according to plan but we were exactly where we were supposed to be.  The fact of the situation was I love my husband we the two of us started out our marriage together with love.  Because of the love we had together we became a family and added to it with each one of our babies.  I am in love and I am happy I don't need a trip away to prove it.  I am thankful for the life I have and the people in it.    Twelve years it's just a number, because baby we've got eternity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment