Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Birthday!!




 















 
 
I made the decision last year to do something out of the ordinary on my birthday each year.  Since my birthday is during the summer there are a lot of options and my kids will always be out of school.  Last year we had a blast as a family at the Carlsbad Caverns.  This year Richard would be working.  I had a wild idea to take my kids to the Abilene Zoo.  Well I turned out my sister was up for the trip and so was my best friend.  My friend D came in the day before and spent the night, it was so fun we got to go shopping and stay up late.  We left early and made the two hour drive.  My sister who lives in San Angelo made the hour drive and meet us at chickfila.  We figure we should eat lunch before a few hours spent at the Zoo.  The kids were excited for the pit stop and I was going to order our food when my sister was chatting with me, someone grabs my arm and I turn around and it was my mother!  She made the 2 and a half hour drive to surprise me for my big 30th bday!  I was shocked I literally started crying, it was such a great surprise.  After lunch we hit up the Zoo.  It was humid and hot, we had plenty of waters and lots to look at.  My favorite exhibit is of course the giraffe.  The fact that you’re super up close and get to feed them is a lot of fun.  In just under three hours we were done.  Afterwards we hit up their new splash pad right next to the Zoo by a huge play area.  The day was surreal, I was surrounded by people who loved me and went out of their way to spend the day with me.  After the two hour drive we made home to eat pizza for dinner and my friend and her son were back on the road.  Richard's family stopped by for cake, it was a nice way to end the day.  Epic birthday!!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment