Friday, August 7, 2015

Life with a newborn











It's hard to believe three weeks of Camden's life have flown by.  The shear joy I feel to not be pregnant anymore is unexplainable.  Feeling more like myself and having more functioning capabilities is so refreshing.  I might be tired from a night of feedings with Camden but it's a different level of tired then when I was pregnant.  Holdings brand new baby in my arms it's bittersweet.  Things may have not gone according to my plans, but Camden is mine.  I have a son that needs me, right now he is helpless.  The baby making machine is closed!!!  I have 4 beautiful children!  All in completely different stages of life, all in need of me and their father.  Back to Camden, he is by far my best eating newborn!  Such a hungry little guy.  He is an awesome burper.  He sleeps pretty good.  He doesn't like to have his diaper changed but who does!

Camden has had his first doctor apt, second PKU, and his two week check  up.  Camden's weight went down to 6lbs and 12oz.  But by two weeks it was back to birth weight 7lbs 1oz.  His coloring looks great no jaundice.  He is also pretty strong trying hard to control his head.  Camden's umbilical accord and circumcision ring both came off.  I catch myself slowing down and just holding and snuggling my little guy.  House work can wait, things around the house will still be there.  My favorite time of the day are meals around our table.  The kids are doing well with Camden.  Allison of course is right in the thick of things.  She wants to watch him eat, bath, or even a diaper change.  She is quick to help or soothe Camden.  Cooper gives Camden kisses when he sees him but other than that he keeps to him self.  Oh but he came up with a nickname for his new brother, Camwitch like sandwich.  Beckett is all about "baby brother"!  He baby talks to Camden, he calls him Cam Cam. He tells him that he loves him like a hundred times a day.  If Camden is not in our arms he wants to know where's my baby brother. 

Having Richard off for so long and then having my mom here was such a huge help.  Things have stayed clean and I haven't had to leave any where with all four kiddos, until this week.  I am learning quick things take me a lil longer to get out the door, and that I don't have enough time to do everything that I want.  I can take a shower but not enough time to put on makeup, I can wash loads of laundry but no time to put away, and leaving the house is like packing for a trip.  Its not to overwhelming its just an adjust on my part, I need more time to perfect this mom of four thing!  Life with a newborn keeps me busy there are not enough hours in the day, but I wouldn't have life any other way.

1 comment: