Monday, January 11, 2016

Suvivor's Award










At the end of every six weeks the kids school has a awards program.  They do each grade individually.  They give awards for A honor role, A/B honor role, perfect attendance, and the Survivors Award.  The survivors award is for outstanding attitude and work ethic.  Only 6 kids are chosen in every grade level.  I don't normally go because it's a complicated to get both the little boys out.  And the kids have never asked me to go.  This time I got a note from both there teachers that I should go.  Allison usually makes A honor role but she had one B this time.  Both Allison and Cooper were both awarded the Survivors Award.  I was so proud of them.  With Allison's Dyslexia and Cooper's ADHD/working memory issues school is a constant struggle.  We try to keep positive attitudes and strong work ethics.  We work hard!!  Homework is a constant in my house.  We spend a lot of extra hours studying.  It doesn't come natural therefore we have to put in extra effort.  I stress over it and I change up my strategies often.  Allison is dedicated and unwavering when it comes to her education.  She is so determined it's unreal.  She will practice and practice.  I truly believe it's her personality.  I am thankful for this special trait she posses, it honestly makes things a little easier because she cares so much.  Now my Cooper he is so laid back and it does him a disservice.  Nothing motivates him and it concerns me!  I have to work really hard to get his attention and get him to focus.  Some times it's impossible!  I've really had to train him and teach a schedule to Cooper in order to gain his attention.  Teaching him is not easy.  I worry a lot over him.  But the one thing Cooper cares about is, me.  He doesn't like to see me frustrated or sad.  And that motivates him.  Just to be average is a struggle for him.  For both of my kids to receive this award made me so proud.  I hope this shows them that people are smart in different ways and that hard work can bring success.  For dinner that night we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. 

2 comments: