Monday, September 23, 2013

House update



Things have really moved along with the house as far as renovations go.  We are finally done with our first wave of renovations.  We pulled out all the carpet in our living room and hall way.  Lets say what a chore that was, whoever glued down that carpet had a ton of fun with the glue!  We had to scrap it off after we laid down this special chemical several times.  The fumes from that chemical were awful!  Then we ripped off all the terrible paneling in the living room and entry way and the base boards.  We are still slowly getting ride of all the trash we complied from the carpet to wood from the paneling!  After getting Lowes to put in the wood floors, tile in the bathroom, and knew base boards through out the house.  We hired someone to sand, texture, and paint the entire living room and entry way.  So glad that's over with, I absolutely hate the smell of paint.  We also decided we could paint the kitchen our selves, BIG MISTAKE!  Painting isn't hard its just time consuming and takes a lot of patience.  We didn't have either!  In between all the work going on in other parts of the house, a walking baby, and parenting it took us 5 days to finish painting!  On top of all this major stuff we bought a lot of knew furniture, its funny how nothing arrives at the same time or at a convenient time.  We have done a lot of little updates around the house like replacing light fixtures, power outlets/light outlets, kitchen cabinet knobs, and painting the mantel etc. We plan to update both bathrooms in the house, but with the holiday's around the corner we are going to wait until after the new year.  For now we just want to continue replacing all the light fixtures through out the home, and replace all the old doors in the house. I have a ton of before and after pictures but I wont post them on here until after we invite all our family and friends over for Richard's big birthday celebration!





My mom also came for a quick visit this past weekend.  She drove into town on Thursday and we got to work!  I cant remember the last time I had that much fun!  We shopped and decorated from Thursday up until the minute she left on Saturday afternoon.  I will never forget the time that we spent together.  We literally went from room to room decorating.  It was fun finally using more of our decorations that have been in storage since we've lived in Hobbs and of course knew stuff is fun too!  In between all the decorating and Richard working this weekend both kids had soccer games at the same time!   I am so thankful I had my mom and in laws to help balance the kids games.  I was very sad to see my mom leave but I enjoyed every second I spent with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment