Monday, May 19, 2014

22 months old




Beckett turned 22 months old on the 6th, I cant believe he will be 2 in two short months.  Some times Beckett looks like such a big boy to me doing knew things all the time, to smart for his own good, and he thinks he is as big as his older siblings.  But its short lived because Beckett will throw a fit for something as simple as not getting his way and I am remind he is still one and of course my baby. 

Beckett hasn't made leaps and bounds in the talking department but he has improved.  Before Beckett wouldn't repeat anything I said.  Now he repeats everything I say and words his siblings say which isn't always good!  He has learned a lot of knew words.  I also require him to say words in order to receive something for example like please and thank you when he wants or gets something.  Or if he points to his brother's popsicle I make him say popsicle please.  He has been putting two words together I was loading pictures from Allison's birthday and he said "Alli's doll".  I still think he is behind but I see progress and I believe its just a matter of time before he is talking all the time.



A few weeks ago Beckett managed to get a few ant bits while at Cooper's soccer practice.  We learned last year that he is very allergic.  Poor guy got two bites on his neck, arm, and leg.  They all swelled up to the size of a dollar coin/golf ball.  After two dose of Benadryl the swelling slightly went down.  It took almost a week for the swelling to go away completely.  The crazy thing about it is that Beckett is terrified of bugs expect ants!  He shakes he is so scared of spiders.  I wish he would leave ants alone instead of playing with them!



A few weeks ago we had this crazy thunder storm roll in during the night, it literally poured hard rain.  My rose bushes were trashed from the rain and tree branches/leafs were all over the yard and streets.  Well apparently someone didn't put the lid back on the sandbox and it was full of water.  I hadn't notice because Beckett and I were running errands all over town most of the day.  When I picked up the kids from school I opened the back door and started on dinner.  When I looked out the kitchen window I noticed Beckett sitting in the soaking wet sand, as he was chunking wet sand at Cooper.  I decided to look the boys in the backyard while I finished dinner and got towels and started the bath tub.  They didn't seem to notice, in fact Beckett was angry when I took him out of the sandbox to hose him down.  It was like wrestling a dog trying to hose him off outside before bathing him. 

Beckett has found a new interest for the toilet much to his mothers disgust!  Cooper is terrible about leaving the lid up or light on.  Its a daily battle, because he never does both!  Actually since this has happened he has actually gotten way better, maybe he finally understood how important it was and how much trouble he would be in.  Anyway back to Beckett and his toilet fun.  So because Cooper would leave the lid up and/or light on, Beckett would start venturing into the bathroom and started throughing his cars or action figures in the toilet.  One day he took a step further.  Cooper didn't flush the toilet and left the light on and lid up.  Beckett thought it would be super fun to unroll the entire toilet paper in the toilet water and then bring to me in the kitchen where Allison and I were working on her home work at the table.  Which meant he traveled through most of the house!  Let that picture sink in!  I know boys make mess, but this particular type of thing really grosses me out!



One more disgusting story left.  Beckett has been urinating a lot more at night, resulting in him peeing out of his diaper.  Which meant washing sheets and comforter.  We've tried to lessen his juice/water in take which didn't work.  So I bought these night time diapers.  It was a busy Tuesday afternoon on top of having family coming over for my niece's birthday.  I had managed to keep the house clean.  Dinner had been eaten and we were all head to soccer practice's.  I had told Richard to change Beckett's stinky diaper while I tried to find Cooper's missing shin guards.  A little later I heard Richard yell for to tell me he and Alli were leaving to practice.  While I finished getting Cooper's cleats on him.  Have I ever mentioned putting on soccer cleats is like top 10 of things I hate to do!  Anyway I told Cooper to get to the car while I filled up Beckett's sippy cup and I hear Cooper yell EWWW!!  I guess Richard didn't change the dirty diaper and some how the inside of the diaper (the best way I can describe it is gel like mush) was mixed together with Beckett poop and where ever he walked around the house there was a trail of this nasty mixer.  Lets just say it was the worst mess I ever had to clean up.  Beckett had to have a bath, the bath tub had to be Cloroxed, and we didn't make it to soccer practice, but we still hosted the birthday.

My poor Beckett had his first stomach bug last week.  He was so confused and just wanted to be held by mommy.  Which meant mommy got it to, and so did daddy and sister.  At least it was one of those 12 hour things and not 24 hours!

On to less gross things..  Beckett loves going to the park!  He screams "play park" when we pass a park.  We've been walking outside for our daily three mile walk.  My normal path passes a park which means we have to stop and play for a little bit.  Beckett loves slides and will say "Weeeee" when going down.  He also loves swings and acts a little memorized while sitting there while I push.  Beckett also loves animals!!  His favorit are dogs, and points them out all the time.  Beckett also loves birds and shouts out bird when he sees them.

Some days are easy with Beckett.  Its normally just me and him always together.  Beckett seems very content with just being by my side.  He will bring toys where ever I am and play next to me.  He still doesn't like strangers.  When I tell Beckett where going to see grandma and granddad he says NO, poor guy knows they babysit him occasionally.  Beckett does have meltdown like any typical toddler.  And right know he is in a very difficult hitting stage, but where working through it.  I stare at Beckett sometimes and I cant believe he is mine and that he really is apart of our family.  I think I got so use to the fact that it was only Alli and Cooper for so long.  I am so blessed to be this lil guys mom, he enriches everyday of my life with his amazing hugs and sly smile. 

1 comment:

  1. I swear you have the most interesting funny stories to share when it has come to your babies!

    ReplyDelete