Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day




I had a fabulous Mother's Day!  I was spoiled by my husband and children all weekend.  Richard had been bugging me about what I wanted for Mother's Day.  I mentioned to Richard that I wanted a table chair set or an outdoor swing.  We spend so much time outdoors, I wanted something we could enjoy with some shade.  When I found out how much outdoor furniture is, I told Richard to nix my idea.  Friday I had ran to the mall to get my mother in-laws gift and a pedicure.  When I came home my sweetheart and kiddos had put together my swing and I was completely surprised!  Saturday we went out to dinner alone, I cant tell you how nice it is to eat a meal with out a mess and constant chatter.  Although I love to cook its just nice to be served every once in awhile.  The next morning I had cinnamon rolls in bed alone.  After getting dressed alone I came out and everyone had eaten and dressed for church.  I had two card/colorings from each one of my kiddos.  Lots of kisses and hugs, and Beckett even said "HAPPY MOM".  I always love to go to church on Mother's Day, its field with beautiful talks, and special attention to all the mother's.  A few days latter I told my mom that I think I like Mother's Day better than my birthday.  I even got a nap in and the whole house cleaned, moped, and swept.  For dinner we had Richard's whole family over for a BBQ.  Richard grilled hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and I made an angle food cake.  It was so nice to be surrounded by family and spend the afternoon together with people we love.  Although I really missed my mother the whole day.  I got to have a nice chat with my mom while I took my afternoon 3 mile walk.  I am so blessed by the women in my life.  I have had so many role model to list a few:  My mother, my Aunts, my mother in law, my sister in law.  All true characters of classy intelligent women.

No comments:

Post a Comment