Monday, May 26, 2014

Field Day 2014






Allison had her field day this past Thursday.  First off the last three field days were brutally hot! I will never forget the 100 degree weather field day where I was pregnant with Beckett pushing Cooper in a stroller. I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion. But this year we had a storm system that blew in with projected thunderstorms and highs in the low. 80's.  Perfect weather for a day outdoors.  I was impressed with coordination of events and parent volunteers.  Also there were so many fun field day events for the kids.  My favorite was the obstacle course.  My only complaint is they basically took the competition out of field day.  I understand they want everyone to be equal but a little classroom rivalry never hurt anybody.  Since I am the room mom after field day I thought I would treat the whole class to cupcakes especially after our devastating loss in the tug of war.   Allison was so excited to show me all her friends wrote on each other's shirts.






Cooper's field day was on Friday and Richard luckily had the weekend  off.  Beckett was surprisingly calm and stayed content in his stroller unlike the day before at Alli's field day.  Cooper was so happy to see us, especially since I brought him a blue gatoraid his favorite.  The weather was the same simply beautiful.  Cooper kept saying how much fun he was having and how it was the best day ever.  I feel so lucky that he got such a great teacher and has so many buddies.  Before school ended I brought Cooper's class drinks and cupcakes to celebrate his birthday early since he has a summer bday.  The first graders were also in his class watching a movie.  He kept telling me on the drive home that it was so cool the first graders even sang to him!  I am so glad he felt special I sure love that blue eyed boy!

I almost forgot to mention both kids got to do the three legged race with both there best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment