Wednesday, May 7, 2014

work work work



I didn't get the opportunity to blog much last week.  So these next few post I am going to be playing catch up.

Last week I had a lot of things I was involved in.  To begin with when I signed up for PTA we had just moved to Midland and I wanted to help with one of the events on the list for the year but we were renovating and Richard was still in New Mexico.  I signed up for one of the last big PTA activities for the year, teacher appreciation week in April.  It seemed far away, but I didn't realize it was the week of Allison's birthday.  The activities for the week were themed for the day for example Marker Monday and Thirsty Thursday.  Any child could participate and bring the themed gift to their teacher.  The room mom was responsible on filling a basket with goodies (the PTA provided the basket) to give to the teacher Friday.  We were to recruit parents into donating goodies for the basket.  The crazy part for me was doing this for both kids and making sure we went out the door with the teacher gift each day. I actually got very crafty with the gifts: M&M's Many & Many thanks for all you do (M&M candy for treat Tuesday) and  Awesome teacher for (AW root beer for thirsty Thursday). Friday was Flower Friday bring a flower or drawl a flower for you teacher and the kids picked roses from our rose bushes.  I am bummed I didn't take any pictures of the teacher gifts.

I was also in charge of our girls 8-11 church program called activity days last week.  The girls have a activity twice a month on the first and third Wednesday.  I am just the primary secretary but we had released the teacher in charge and we hadn't called another person to be take over.  I came up with an awesome lesson on friendship and the positive characteristic a friend should have.  I read a beautiful story on a two girls and their struggles in a friendship and how they worked through it.  I passed out friendship bracelets for the girls to give out to friend they choose with requirement of being kind and a good friend.  We also played a human scavenger hunt game so the girls get to get to know each other.  Afterwards we listed qualities of a good friend.  Then we made friendship trail mix, each snack represented a positive characteristic.  It went super well and all the girls seemed to have a fun time.

Lastly I was busy all week preparing and planning Allison birthday party on Friday.  I went to the store several times for all the party supplies.  Made, mailed, and personally handed out 16 invitations.  Put together 16 goodie bags.  Made 50 cupcakes. 

I am so glad I survived the busy week and that everything came together!

No comments:

Post a Comment