Saturday, December 1, 2012

30 days of Thanks

I didn't participate on FB, but have been keeping a paged saved that I have been adding on to daily.  I know I am a day late posting this, sorry.




1. I am thankful for my lil family. The opportunity our Father in Heaven gives to come to earth to be apart of family.  The joys that a family is able to share together.  And through the difficult times that family is there to buoy you up.  I cant imagine my life with out such strong ties to my family.

2.  I am thankful for my daughter Allison.  For the sweet spirit she is and for the love and caring attitude she brings to our home.  The constant determination she brings to anything that challenges her.  The love she shows for her brothers.  My lil companion around the house or in the kitchen.  I will forever be grateful for how you change my soul and softened my heart.  You made me a mother, and every day you teach me something.  I love you my Alli-cat.

3. I am thankful my sister Courtney, my Ann.  You hold such a very special place in my heart.  And some times I worry that Allison wont get to have a sister.  But then I remember how she is surrounded by so many women~ aunts, cousin's, and grandmothers.  You have been my steady water to my rocky boat.  You understand me, and we love each other with out judgement.  Not many people share a love like ours.   

4. I am thankful for Richard my sweet husband.  You balance me.  You are strong where I am not.  I am so lucky to have your love.  You work so hard for our family.  You are the best father that you can be.  You have such patience with me and I appreciate that more than you know.  We definitely see many things differently, but our goals and outlook on life are the same.  I have to quote my friend who said "There are NO perfect people or perfect marriages and blogs often focus on the positive." We have fought our way to this point in our marriage were we can enjoy the life that we have created together.

5. I am thankful for my Cooper James.  My second born and first son, where do I begin.  You fit so perfectly into our little family.  Your spunky personalty and constant strive to keep up with your sister.  I love your quiet side, many do not see.  Our days together were your my shadow in all I do.  Such the gentle man always opening doors for me or helping unload groceries.  There is something  hypnotizing about your blue eyes.  I see your past innocence, and what is to come with you.  There is nothing better on this earth than a kiss and hug from you.

6. I am thankful for my baby B.  Oh Beckett your sister changed me, your brother open my eyes, but you you brought me such peace.  A feeling I never knew possible.  With your birth and place in our family it brought me this overwhelming feeling of comport.  You were the missing peace to our family.  There is nothing I wouldn't do for you.

7. I am thankful for my big sister Jamie. I was your little shadow for a long time, and you let me tag along to anything.  Heck you even paid me to clean your room or make your lunch.  I was very lost when you moved away, but then I found myself and Richard.  I enjoy our relationship know as adults and cherish the time we have together.

8. I am thankful for my baby sister Heather.  I tied your shoes, buttoned your pants, curled your hair, made your lunch, took you to school/cheer leading/dates.  I have watched you grow up right before my eyes, and I have always been your biggest cheerleader.  The love I have for you is so intricate, full of big sister bear protection and the desire for you to to have all your dreams and the things you deserve. 

9. I am thankful for my Aunt Ruthie.  Days like today I miss you.  When I need to vent and have someone in my corner.  You were always there, and I mean always.  I will NEVER allow your memory to leave me or my children.  Our traditions our a permanent staple in my family.  And my promise to be the best Aunt I can be, by your example.

10. I am thankful for my Aunt Steffer.  I've said it before, the best gift my Aunt Ruthie ever gave me in my life time was you.  Saying I would be lost without you in my life is an understatement.  I appreciate your advice, support, love and constant everlasting presence in my life.  The lessons you taught me will forever be implemented in my family. 

11. I am thankful for my in laws.  I was so unaware and immature not realizing what in impact my in laws would make in my life.  I knew marrying Richard was my destiny, that he was my biggest blessing in life.  But I was so unaware how allowing my in laws into my life would and could change me.  Having a sister and brother in laws is so knew to me, even being an Aunt was a learning processes.  Growing up in Midland with no family but my sisters and mom, is all I knew.  But I will strive to be the best daughter in law, sister in law, and Aunt I can be.  Because I am so very blessed to have family for my kiddos and I would never take that chance at these important relationship's away from them.

12. I am thankful for Hobbs.  Even though I miss my family and Midland.  It has become a home for us.

13. I am thankful for my Mom.  What a wonderful relationship we have grown to have.  I value your opinion and outlook on things.  I know I can come to you with any problem and you will share your thoughts openly.  I am so thankful for the relationship you have with my children, a relationship I never had with my grandmother.  And I don't tell you enough what an amazing mother you are to your four daughters. 

14. I am thankful for friends.  Hobbs wouldn't be livable with out you ladies!

15. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and the plan of salvation.

16.  I am thankful for my savor Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice.

17. I am thankful for MOPS.  (Moms of preschoolers group) It has given me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful women!

18. I am thankful for my callings in Church.  They enrich my life and help me better myself in Christ.

19. I am thankful for a sweet person that I had the pleasure to meet while here in Hobbs.  And the sweet reminder that we will once again meet. RIP U.W.

20. I am thankful for medication.  Without this medication for my son, I am not sure how he would be thriving.

21. I am thankful for my talents.  I was taught to share them and serve others through the gifts my father in heaven gave me.

22. I am thankful for my walking buddy!  I am not sure if I didn't start walking with my friend Dana I would have pushed myself to get back to my three miles.  I enjoy adult conversation and a special friendship with this sweet women.

23. I am thankful for Cooper's preschool!  I just love his teacher and appreciate all the things he has learned there.

24.  I am thankful for Cooper's soccer team, it has been a fun season seeing Cooper play a team sport.  I also LOVE his soccer coach, such a sweet caring man.

25.I am so thankful for our "new" piano, it is such a blessing to have a piano in our home. 

26. I am thankful for Beckett's baby swing.  Especially on a day like this where my lil guy is fussing, and is soothed when sitting in his swing.

27.  I am thankful for our Highlander.  Now that we have three kiddos, we are definitely using the third row.  I also love my back up camera, I will never buy another car with out that feature. 

28.  I am thankful for Allison's teacher, she is a sweetheart and cares so much about Allison.  It is a wonderful thing to have someone understand and care about the well being of your child besides family.

29. I am thankful we don't live far from family!  Some of my friends live 8 hours or more away from there family.  An hour and a half drive is nothing:)

30.  (I am stealing this from a friend) I am thankful for my blog.  It is great way for me to update my family on the kids. It is also a personal book/blog for the kiddos.  I am not into scrap booking, so this has become such a special thing for me to have for my children someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment