Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A very flu Christmas










Friday came and brought me a fever.  And the worlds worst headache, I am talking debilitating.  I described it to Richard, that I would rather give birth then have the pain in my head that I was dealing with.  I was happy it was the weekend and Richard was home.  We rolled into Saturday with more sickness.  The boys started to cough and Beckett had high fevers.

Soon Beckett's fevers were coming closer together, about every three hours.  He also began to lose his appetite and only ate once that day.  We were pretty worried about him, so first thing Sunday morning I called the on call pediatrician who told us to come in and he would see us a 1pm.  So we all got dressed piled in the car and drove into Midland.  Turns out Beckett tested positive for flu.  The doctor said he was confident we all had flu.  He also said we most likely got a false positive test with Allison because we tested with in the first 12 hours of the on set of her fever.  And since Allison and I were three days past the onset of symptoms we were untreatable with medication.  But since Cooper was only on day two he could have meds.  But poor Beckett since he is under 1 years old he couldn't have any medicine.  And to make things worse Beckett will probably have symptoms for up to 14 days.

As a result of 4 out of the 5 people in our family being sick with the flu we missed Christmas with my sisters and Christmas with Richards family.  I have not missed a Christmas with my mom or sisters in my entire life.  And know my poor baby Beckett was going to miss enjoying his first Christmas.

Did I mention Richard had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas day?!  So I was home sick with three sick kiddos by myself.  The flu has brought us soar throats, runny noses, no appetite, sever headaches, and high fevers.  Although that didn't stop the kids from opening there presents Christmas morning at 6am before Richard went to work.  I was glad to see Richard make it home before 1 pm.  Cooper is such a boy playing with his castle that Santa left him, I hear things from him such as secure the gate or protect the castle!  Allison surprised me this year, she reminded me of Richard.  Allison put together and built almost all of her gifts, since daddy was at work and will I am no help lol!  Some of my favorite part of the day were watching Brave and Tangled with Allison.  Seeing Richard and Cooper play with Cooper's castle for almost an hour.  But I most definitely enjoyed my two hour nap with Beckett, since he decided he wasn't going to sleep a wink the night before.  And that was our very flu Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment