Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My birthday






This was the first birthday in my life that I wasn't surrounded by my mom and sisters.  I knew I would be bummed about it so I decided to plan a fun day trip to Carlsbad.  We started out on the road early so we could fit all the things we had planned into one day.  As we pulled into town we stopped by a park.  There is basically an entire two story structure made of wood and covered.  It was very cool inside the structure, its almost like a maze inside.  We lost track of time there the kids had so much fun.  We even walked across the bridge which crosses the Pecos river.  It warmed up fast so we decided to go into Carlsbad and have lunch before we went to the Caverns!  After we spoiled are selves at lunch eating our meals and each of us enjoying a milkshake, we drove about 20 minutes to the Carlsbad Caverns. 





 


The Carlsbad Cavers was so beautiful.  I had so much fun walking down into the Caverns.  We made so many memories and learned so much about the different type of stalagmites, bats, limestone etc.  One of my favorite parts was when we entered the twilight zone and we learned that with out man made light from that point on it would be completely dark.  I walked the entire way down holding hands with Cooper.  Listening to the things we talked about will forever stay with me.  Once he told me "Mom I am holding your hand so you wont be scared."  We talked a lot about what Cooper thought the stalagmites looked like bat ears, popcorn, a finger.  Cooper thought that the path ways looked like a race car track.  He told me that he thought it would be fun to bring a remote control car down the path ways.  Richard wore Beckett the whole time and waked ahead of Cooper and I with Allison.  Allison was so interested in the Caverns and was full of questions, Richard and Allison literally talked the entire hour down.  If it were up to her we would have walked back up the trail!  I  had such a wonderful time and we definitely plan to go back!









We ended our time at the Carlsbad beach!  The kids and I have been a few times but Richard had never been.  It was perfect weather!  Not to hot but warm enough to swim.  The kids enjoyed Richard taking them out to the deep part of the river.  Beckett and I enjoyed playing in the sand.  Beckett loved putting sand in the bucket over and over again.  Richard and Allison had fun burying B's legs.  Hours seemed to fly by there!  We also rented a paddle boat and paddled down the river, such beautiful views.  I am determined to make my birthday every year similar to this one, I really enjoyed spending the day with my lil family doing something we had never down before.  My birthday this year definitely hits on my list of top birthdays!  I even got a new Nikon camera that comes in the mail next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment