Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankful

The last couple years I  participated in 30 days of thanks on Facebook or my blog.  I didn't get going soon enough this year so I thought I would share a post on what I am thankful for.


I am thankful for my mom and that she can tell me like it is.  Last week I had a min "mommy" break down.  I knew I needed a conversation with my own mom.  I needed a wake up call and a plan and she gave me both.  I am so grateful I have her advice and outlook on things.  I will forever be grateful to have her be such an influence in my family. 

I am thankful for my husband.  No matter what kind of crazy I am dishing he is always trying to make me happy.  He loves me and puts up with me!  He is a wonderful dad and gets down and dirty in the parenting department.  Richard has always helped fill in the gaps where I fall short.  I am so in love with that man.

I am thankful for my in laws, I literally hit the jackpot with loving supportive extended family.  I am so lucky to have there constant presence and support in my children's lives.

I am thankful that my younger sister taught me how to sew.  My sister Courtney is super talented in the sewing department, well in a lot of other areas to!  Courtney's patience is exactly what I needed to help me learn.  I have used this new talent a lot lately and I know it wouldn't be possible if I didn't have an amazing teacher.

I am thankful to be a mom.  On a cold day in May Allison made me mother and my life truly began.  I know that my purpose in life is to be a mother.  I give absolutely everything I have to my children.  I definitely struggle some times with finding the balance between my three.  But I wouldn't want to be any where else but in the thick of parenting.

I am thankful for my faith in God. Having a strong foundation and raising our children with the same values is very important to me.  I try to thank my Heavenly Father everyday for my blessing. 

I am thankful for friendships.  Friends come and go and weave into your life at different times.  I always strive to be a good friend and serve when I can. 

I am thankful to have sisters.  Built in best friends is what I like to call it.  There is always someone to talk to and something entertaining always going on.  I am not sure where my life would be today if I didn't grow up with houseful of girls.  Each one of my sisters bring there own characteristics to our family and I love each one of them differently.

I am thankful for my home.  Home is where your hear is.  Home is where I am raising my little family with my sweetheart.  Many memories to be had in this little house.

Lastly I am thankful for my life and the opportunity I have to live on the earth and to have experiences.  I try to never forget to count my blessings and to live in the now.  I am thankful for my life and the opportunity to be a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, and friend. 

 
The other night right before bed, Cooper climbed in my lap in the rocking chair while I was taking off my makeup.  Beckett immediately wanted up and Allison soon followed.  I was so content holding my three babies, each one of them has brought me so much joy.


 

1 comment:

  1. such a sweet picture. Makes me want to hold ALL of my babies and get one snap too. You know what I find funny. I know that I treat Ryu different. Others may see it as I am showing favorites. BUT IMO im not. He is what made me a mom. As a mom I am learning and go through so many firsts with him when I get to the other kids I dont treat certain things as delicate. Anyways I can now tell him see now you understand...bc he is the same way with Clara. It just cant be helped. I told him last night that thank goodness Clara is his first so she doesnt get the middle child symptom.

    ReplyDelete