Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

 

Its hard not to reflect and look back at the past year when a knew year is upon you. 2013 was a big year for our family.  Our families experienced a baby boom!  My sister Heather started off the year with her son's birth in March, then my niece had her son in April, and my sister Courtney had her twin girls at the end of August.  Our baby had a big year of first!  Beckett learned how to crawl in February and tuned the big 1 in July.  A week after his first birthday he started walking!  Allison tuned 8, and was baptized into our church!!  Cooper turned 5 and started kindergarten.  We survived two soccer seasons with both kids playing.  We took many trips this year our first big one was to California and to Disney Land!  We finally got to visit my mom and step dad in there new house in Fort Worth.  We had fun at hurricane harbor, Lego Land, and just spending time at grandma's and papa's house!  We ended up back in Fort Worth the next month to visit my in laws time share and spend time with my mom again.  Richard and I celebrated 11 years of marriage.  We moved back to Midland and bought a house and renovated some of our house.  Richard turned 30 and I threw him a big party!  We got to celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom and sister.  We've enjoyed hosting Christmas with my sisters and then Christmas lunch with my in laws.  Its been a wonderful year with many blessings for our family.  I've learned how fast time flies and I've seen my kids grow a lot this year.  I definitely see the true value of family with time spent together and memories made. 

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
Allen Saunders

I love this quote because I am so guilty of making plans and having this perfect idea of how I want things to go.  Sometimes I have to remember to enjoy the journey.  I am excited for this new year, I rarely make resolutions because I always have goals I work on.  But I hope this year I remember to spend a little more time on me.  I get so wrapped up in my kids lives that I feel like I am running on E.  I know its important to recharge my batteries every once in a while to be a better me.  I've set a goal to treat myself to something every month whether its to get my nails done, read a book, enjoy a milkshake/Starbucks in silence, or get a massage.  I have a feeling 2014 is going to be an awesome year because I plan to make it memorable!




1 comment: