Friday, January 10, 2014

Randomness from this week






* School started Monday.  I am back to waking up early, making lunches, wash uniforms, homework, early bed times etc.  We've been on time and the transition seem to have been easy for the kids.

* I've been baking this week cookies, cake, and cupcakes.  My family has a sweet tooth!

* Sunday night when all the kids were in bed Richard and I put up all the Christmas stuff.  It took us a while but its done.  My house looks bare.  I am thinking about decorating for Valentines day.

* When did Beckett get old enough to play unassisted at Chickfila?

* I've got the January blues, can we just skip to spring break?!  I want spring!  I crave the sun!

* Phone calls to my sister Courtney are priceless, its crazy how we can talk about random things or everyday life stuff.  But some times we have these deep conversations, I am so lucky to be able to share those talks with someone so special to me.

* Allison received her first issue of the American Doll magazine for the year.  She is already saving for the new doll of the year.

* Beckett had his 18 month check up yesterday! He hasn't gained any weight since his year check up actually he lost 10 oz..  Dr. S thinks Beckett is finally thinning out and is actually average in weight, weighing 24 pounds.  He is 34 inches tall which falls in the 87th percentile and his head is still so large in 97 percentile!  Beckett also has a cold, at least its not anything worse.  His doctor was pleased with his development.  Dr. S actually said the little fits Beckett is throwing is advanced.  He has already learned what will catch mommies attention!  Beckett was so calm and allowed the doctor to completely look him over with out fussing. 

* Cooper was surprisingly good at school all week.  Maybe the little guy finally understanding how school works.  I had lunch with the kids today.  When I walked into the cafeteria all the kids were screaming to Cooper that his mom was here.  Even Allison's friends know me and give me hugs.  I like being known as just a mom of one of my kids.

*My sister came for a quick visit.  Long story short she sold her husbands car to someone in Midland, so she stayed the night with us yesterday.  Since she happened to be in town and was planning on visiting my mom this weekend she took our old table with her to my moms.  We enjoyed there visit, ate good food stayed up to late.  The cousins all had a good time to.  The big boys stayed up past bedtime and the babies played really well together!  Beckett was so enamored by Marcus.  He followed him around and brought him toys.  He even wanted to hold him.


1 comment:

  1. omg I was so close to buying that magazine prescription for the year for Alli for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete