Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wedding reception, playdate, and birthday party





The weekends are designed for activities!  This weekend was a very busy one for us!  Our friends in Hobbs got married over Christmas in Utah and had an open house (reception) this past weekend.  I felt awful when I missed my friend's bridal shower I couldn't miss this!  So we drove to Hobbs as soon as the kids got out of school Friday.  We made it in time to have an early dinner with our friends the Poling's.  After dinner we meet up with our old neighbors and let the kids play.  Then we dropped off the big kids at our friends the S's for a play date while we went with Beckett to the open house.  Time sure did fly by while we visited and chatted with our Hobbs friends.  After the open house we picked up the big kids and stayed for another hour or more chatting with our friends and then we were back on the road pulling into Midland right before midnight!  I was so bummed that my phone died and I took no pictures the whole time we were there! I did get one picture that the bride (she's in the purple) sent me but it was blurry.





Saturday was a easy going day.  Cooper was invited to a play date with his friend Luke who lives down the street from us.  Cooper had a blast playing with army men, power rangers, and digging holes in Luke's back yard.  A few hours later Allison was invited for a play date at her friends Samantha's who plays on her soccer team.  We ended our day at Beckett's friend Bowen's 2nd birthday party at the Bingham center.  Allison missed the birthday party while she played and ate dinner at Samantha's house.  It was so fun listening to all the fun Allison had there: painting nails, roasting marshmallows/hot dogs, playing with dolls, and coloring with glow in the dark chalk.  It was a full day with friends!!  I feel so blessed that my kiddos get to grow up surround by such great friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment