Thursday, March 27, 2014

Soccer Season 2014






This past Saturday began a new soccer season for the Sanchez crew!  Of course Richard had to work this weekend and both kids games were both at noon.  I recruited my sister in law to take Allison to her game.  The plan was for me to go to Cooper's game and leave at half time.  His coach already new the plan and was going to play him the first half.  Cooper was on fire!  Parents on the team asked if I brought a different kid to the game because for once Cooper was actually playing soccer.  I was for sure this was Cooper's last season of soccer he just wouldn't truly participate.  At his first practice Cooper told me "Mom I think I will really play this time.".  Cooper was actually running on the field, chasing after the ball, shooting at the goal, and defending the goal.  I was in utter shock, I wanted to record it because I thought no one would believe me!!!  Lets hope it wasn't a fluke and he keeps up with his promise to play.  We left at half time but it literally took me thirty minutes to get out of the parking lot, drive across town, and park at the other fields.  I got out of the car watched Allison make a shoot at the goal and the whistle blew!  I felt so bad I didn't even watch a second of the game!  She made two goals and her team tide the game 3-3!  I was so glad that Allison's Aunt and Uncle were able to take her to her game and be there to support her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment