Monday, March 3, 2014

Host





A couple of weekends ago I threw a baby shower for a new friend at church.  I thought I would be a fun get together with just ladies to get to know each other.  I actually love hosting and throwing parties.  I had fun making my usual baby shower gift washcloth/burp cloths and who doesn't love shopping for baby clothes?!  I made a bunch of goodies and raspberry punch.  I even bought a new punch bowel my last one broke and I found this cute dispenser!  There were 15 ladies that showed, I even had two people drop off gifts before the shower.  I found these awesome games on Pinterest and we all had a good laugh trying to answer questions.  I was so bummed I didn't take a single picture at the party!  Considering Richard was working and both boys were home (Alli had a play date) during the shower I was lucky everything went as planned. Although Beckett woke up at the very end and climbed out of his crib and somehow locked himself in our room.  I had to jimmy the door open with a bobby pin.  A few of the ladies lingered and I had fun chatting.  When I came back inside from helping my friend load her van with her gifts I found Beckett slipping around the kitchen because he had poured the rest of the lemonade on the ground.  Which is still sticky after three times of mopping!  So glad I had opportunity to throw a baby shower for such a sweet person!

No comments:

Post a Comment