Saturday, March 22, 2014

Zoo


 







 

 
 
Wednesday we went to the Tampa Zoo.  The day started out rainy.  It had actually rained a good portion of the early morning hours.  I was afraid we would have to call off Zoo day.  As we drove to Courtney's the rain subsided and I was so relieved.  But as we drove to the Zoo it started to sprinkle and didn't stop for about an hour and half.  But the forecast insisted that the rain would clear up after lunch and we decided to brave the Zoo anyway!  What I loved most about this Zoo is all the kids exhibits, it had an entire kid areas with rides and a splash pad area.  I also really like all the different animals you could feed at the Zoo.  But my favorite part of our visit was the safari bus tour!  We took our three and Courtney's three on the tour.  It was a behind the scenes tour inside the animals cages and through there feeding and veterinarian care facilities.  We also were able to see there hurricane safety areas for the animals.  It was so neat to see a handful of animals up close and personnel.  I forgot to mention we took a lunch break and had a picnic outside the Zoo in there amphitheater on benches.  It was a nice little break before we headed back in the Zoo and we stayed until closing.  For dinner that night Courtney and I got to grocery shop and cook a meal together, like old times.  The big kids and I spent the night and Courtney and I got to play a few rounds of cards, I was in heaven!
 





 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Man I must have been in my own personal world. I didnt see you take any of the pictures with the kids...lol Such awesome pictures, and amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I totally forgot how awesome to get those pictures of the kids holding the birds! Totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete