Saturday, May 30, 2015

Field day 2015




Allison had her field day May 13th.  4th grade and up participate in a tri-school competition at the old stadium.  Allison was super excited about this especially since the school we were competing against she new several kids from soccer and church.  Allison made the track team and was the fastest runner and 4th and 5th grade, the PE coach made her the team captain for the relay race.  We were really worried for her to compete because her heel had especially been bothering her after practicing with her elite team and then a intense soccer game.  Allison insisted on running, so we kept her out of soccer practice and had her rest as much as possible.  Wednesday morning it had been raining for hours, the forecast said then rain would stop by 9 with sunshine and a high in the 80's.  Parents and students on buses waited at the stadium parking lot for half an hour until the rain stopped.  The rain finally stopped and we were able to get the started!  I brought towels, snacks, blankets, and a umbrella.  We were set to watch and even found some friends to sit with!  Allison had been limping all week and I was very concerned.  Each school had two teams compete in the relay a total of 6 kids, Allison's team was dead last starting off.  The next student didn't catch up either and I am watching Allison get the baton dead last and she runs her heart out catching up to second place!  She was so proud, and I loved watching her run!  Beckett had my phone the whole time so I got no pictures tell the day was over, bummer!  The hours went by quick and field day was over, the kids had a blast!  Later on that night I made the boys dinner and Allison and I went out to Jason's deli after her church activity.  It was so fun to chat and have such a calm atmosphere, we have to do that more often!








Cooper had his field day on Tuesday. It was a warm day!  Beckett and I brought chairs and moved from station to station for two hours.  I was so thankful for a seat I can't stand for very long these days.  Beckett was my lil buddy and never really left my side.  Cooper had a blast, he had a huge smile from ear to ear!  I even stayed to have lunch with both the kids after field day.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I was most upset by..no field day here!! I love seeing the kiddos during there thing and the smiles they have from field day fun!

    ReplyDelete