Friday, June 5, 2015

School's out!




I am relived school is over!  I know both the kids have been dragging these last few weeks.  Our clothes, shoes, lunch boxes, and back packs were barely functioning.  I was so over waking up at 6am, making lunches, and dropping/picking up etc.  This pregnant mama needs a break!  The kids had a great school year and we were super blessed to have excellent teachers.  Allison really exceled this year, last year she had a lot of catching up to do from living in New Mexico.  But this year was so much easier on her, I mean the content of work was difficult but she wasn't playing catch up.  Allison made a few new friends and most of all enjoyed having a locker.  Cant believe next year she will be in 5th grade!  My Cooper had a very tough year, I am not sure if the transition from kinder to first never clicked with him.  Behavior wise he struggled and therefore his work struggled.  We spent a lot of time catching up to his peers but he did work hard.  We were lucky to pass on grade level!  I have seen some maturity on his part but not enough!  I have a pretty strict summer schedule set for him as far as curriculum goes.  Cooper's care free attitude gets him in trouble, I hope we can continue to improve these next few months.  I am definitely hopeful 2nd grade will be a new start with a great attitude towards learning.  Having said all this, Cooper is loved by everyone!   He is the class clown, helpful, and always smiling.  We are ready for the summer!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard no uniforms?!? Its SUMMER. NO SCHOOL. Yet somethings will not change. We still have to work hard to keep what they learned during the summer months. Which means more work for us as parents as we gather the summer time material..note to self: do this through out the year...lol

    ReplyDelete