Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Baby bedding






I recently finished all of Camden's baby bedding about two weeks before he was born.  It started out with an idea of colors I wanted and then went looking for patterns.  I bought two lime green patterned fabrics and two dark navy patterned fabrics.  Then I added the minky dot fabric in navy and lime green too.  I ordered some of the fabric online, bought some at hobby lobby, and bought the other fabrics at Joann's.  It took me awhile to decided on a pattern for the comforter and then I got busy sewing piece by piece then row by row.  Then I choose a silk navy blue for the revers side of the blanket and had to sew the backing inside of it.  It was a very daunting project and I messed up a lot.  Some times if you over work a project its best to step away and come back.  But I didn't listen to my own advice and boy did I make a big boo boo on it.  After several attempts to fix my mistake, I think it turned out okay but I do notice the imperfections.  Next I started the crib bumper but had to stop because I ran out of fabric and the fabric was out of stock.  So I started on the crib skirt and boy was that tricky!  Next I worked on the changing pad which I really messed up and didn't notice tell a day later that I didn't stick to my horizontal pattern but hey it was already sewed!  Once my fabric came in I was able to finally finish the bumper bad which was a huge project to sew in the backing and the ribbons.  I got myself so backwards while sewing that but it all turned out ok.  I am sure most everyone that reads this has no idea what I am talking about, but it was indeed the hardest thing I have ever sewed.  I made all the same things for Beckett but I had my sister by my side the whole time and plus its been a few years!  Anyway I feel so happy to have finished this for my sweet new baby all by myself.  Although there were many phone calls to my sister on questions and venting, thank goodness for her sweet words and encouragement because I needed them.

1 comment:

  1. best of all you did it by yourself! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete