Sunday, July 12, 2015

He is here!

 
 
 
Camden Cole Sanchez was born Friday July 10, 2015 at 1:40pm weighting 7lbs 1oz and 19 inches long.

Camden's birth

We had a scheduled induction for two days past my due date 7-10-15 at 5am.  The hospital was busy.  We waited in our room for an hour tell the nurse came in.  It took a long time to get checked in, get vitals, IV, and blood work.  By the time we were done we had a new nurse and it was well after 7.  We sat waiting for my doctor to make his rounds.  He came in after 8:30, broke my water and I was dilated at 5.  I sat at a 5 for an hour and they decided to start Pitocin.  I went ahead and requested my epidural.  The anesthesiologist  came quick and got to work.  Unfortunately he had a hard time and had to do it twice.  During one of the attempts I nearly passed out from a drop in blood pressure and spike in heart rate.  The trend continued after he wrapped up, the only additional change was sever nausea.  The nurse and anesthesiologist tried to get my vitals under control and the nausea.  All during that time I was feeling every contraction.  The epidural took to my legs but not my stomach.  This went on for two hours.  Another round of epidural did absolutely nothing, I was crying in pain.  Around 12:30pm I was dilated to a 8.  Last attempt for another dose of the epidural before he planned to take it out and re insert it.  By 1:30 I was dilated to a 10 the doctors and nurse were moving quick.  Delivery went quick.  I threw up several times ugh, they never were able to get my nausea taken care of.  It turns out the nurse couldn't get Camden's heart beat so doctor gave me episiotomy after three pushes to quickly get him out.  He was born facing upward (the correct position being facing downward) with the umbilical cord around his neck and shoulder.  I had no idea about any of this tell Richard and the nurse filled me in, I knew there was a ton of commotion around me, but I was totally out of it!  Camden gave out a loud cry!  I have never heard a more lovely sound I instantly started crying, the connection with your child its strange how strong and quickly it hits.  Doctor and nurses all say he has a C-section head, perfectly round.  Camden is healthy and he stayed with us for hours even after switching rooms!  We are in love and even though no family came it was just the two of us, things were perfect.  Richard took care of me and stayed by me and catered to my every need.  I didn't changed a diaper until I got home from the hospital. 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...beyond words. It is truly special to experience something like that with just the one person who helped create ur tiny miracle. From the sounds of it...u could have just done the whole thing without the medicine. Seriously just one more hour of pain and you could have not dealt with all the nausea.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had nausea with my first two epidurals. And I had the shakes. I plan to do this one natural. Wish me luck! He's a doll. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete