Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Day!

 









Christmas 2013 was a much different Christmas then 2012!  Last year we were so sick with the flu it didn't feel like Christmas at all!  I remember being so worried about baby Beckett with his constant fevers and sluggish personality.  This year was almost perfect.  Richard had to work so we were up at the crack of dawn to open presents at 5:30am!  I love the excitement and the reaction of Christmas morning, it such a fleeting moment.  Richard stayed until 6 and then went to work.  I opened boxes for hours.  I loved Cooper's reaction when he saw what Santa left him.  I enjoyed listening to Allison say how much she loved everything she received.  Beckett literally played with every toy, he was so quiet.  I finally made the kids stop so I could make breakfast and then for them to eat.  At ten my sister in law called with news that my brother in law was sick and asked if we could move Christmas lunch to our house.  I said of course and then began the craziest two hours.  We had so much wrapping paper and boxes laying around it took me several trips to the dumpster to clear everything out of the house.  Everyone came over at 12 and Richard came shortly after.  I enjoyed everyone's company so much.  It was so special to have everyone here.  Lunch was so delicious the ham was excellent!  I love having a full house.  Growing up with three sisters and know that were all married and have children I am use to a big commotion.  Having a lot of people over here was almost soothing and made it feel more like Christmas!  I was almost sad to see everyone go.  The rest of the day is kind of a blur.  Opening more gifts, playing with there new toys, taking Allison out to ride her new bike, and eating more good food. I even got to facetime my mom and sister and all long phone call with my aunt.  Even though I was totaling missing my sisters and mom, the day was pretty darn near perfect!  What a wonderful time of year to celebrate the gift of the savor.

 



 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! ok no jealous not so much I am more happy for you! You have such a lovely home and so awesome to have a play room, Your like mom having all the decor and making your home feel like a home.

    ReplyDelete