Friday, December 6, 2013

The week happenings




Random things from this week!!



*Beckett was sick earlier this week a trip to the doctor,  Motrin/antibiotics, lots of snuggles/naps.  I think he is finally better!  He literally wouldn't eat, or sleep for four days!  I was a walking zombie!

*Being the room mom of Allison's class is causing me to be over stressed lately!  With Allison's teachers birthday this week and the Christmas party coming up.  I've been thankful for Pinterest and the ideas it gave me to plan these two events.  I cant leave out how helpful my sister Courtney was to me too, she's the Pinterest queen!

*Back in October I received a calling in the Primary (my church's children's program) as the secretary.  I am not the most computer literate person but I sure am learning.  Making templates, newsletters, quarterly reports, year history, and planning Christmas gifts has made me a very busy lady!

*As a family we made a 25 day commitment to learn/study the Savor's birth this month.  We have been filling up our giving tree with stars.  Each night we have a new lesson and we choose some personal gift we want to give to others and write it on a star.

*One of the things I planned to give, was more one on one time with each of my kiddos.  Mainly the older kids, Beckett has mommy time everyday.

*I was playing an elaborate army battle game with Cooper when he told me "Mom I love you to Tokyo and back and to Tokyo and back again!"

*Allison and I had an impromptu date Wednesday.  She had told me about crazy sock day at school and was begging to go buy some socks.  I deiced to make it more special.  We first went to Starbucks and sat inside and chat with our frappuccino's.  We then went to the mall and looked at Claire's and Justice.  At both places the socks were outrageously priced but we had a fun time looking at things.  Allison is know requesting certain things from those stores for Christmas.  We ended our time at JC Penny and found two perfect pairs of crazy socks. 

*With the cooler weather and when Beckett was under the weather I was forced to pull out the treadmill to get my daily 3 miles in.  For some reason all of my kids think the treadmill is an awesome toy!  They literally all fight for it, even Beckett!  Drives me bananas! 

*Richard and I stayed up tell midnight a few nights ago snuggled up on the couch watching two of our DVR recordings.  Some times our schedules are so packed staying up a little to late is fun and necessary! 

 *We decorated the house last weekend and Ive been putting finishing touches around the house.  I added a few more ornaments and a new bow on the tree.  I bought a huge poinsettia, my mom use to always buy those around Christmas time and for me its just not Christmas unless I have a poinsettia!  Richard also bought me an early present, a Nativity picture for the mantel.  I had been eyeing this picture at Kirkland's for weeks, bought couldn't justify buying it!

*Today was a snow day at school for the kids.  To top off the perfect snow day Richard was off this weekend.  We had so many plans this weekend, but the icy weather has made us take it slow and spend time in doors.  We have filled our time with baking and decorating Christmas cookies, board games, playing on the Wii and Xbox, playing in the snow, listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, sleeping in and taking naps, eating junk food, and just being lazy!






1 comment:

  1. Holy cow you've been busy! My life has slowed a bit the last few months and its been weird but enjoyable. Busy our not what a blessed life you lead.

    ReplyDelete