Wednesday, December 18, 2013

More Christmas Activties





This past Saturday was a full day of Christmas activities.  I was so bummed we had so many things planned and Richard had to work.  We even missed out on Richard's family Ski Trip!  To start off our day I took the kids to our church breakfast Christmas party.  It would have been so easy to stay in bed that early morning but I am so glad I got my crew out for this event because they had so much fun!  My kids have so many friends at church the were so excited to run around with them.  Beckett on the other hand kept me busy running out of the gym over and over again!  I finally got some food and candy canes for him so he would stay in his stroller.  The big kids had fun decorating ornaments to fill the churches tree, and they also sang Christmas carols as a group.  I loved listening to them sing, Christmas songs it always brings out the spirit of Christmas for me.  Santa even stopped by for a visit, Cooper jumped in line and was one of the first kids to sit on his lap!  Allison and her friends set back and discussed how familiar Santa's voice sounded, and if it was the real Santa his reindeer would be on the roof! 





After Beckett's nap we went to the annual Christmas event at the Museum of the Southwest.  The Christmas tree exhibits were beautiful.  I enjoyed looking at all the trees but the kids were ready to go to the children museum.  Hours flew by there and we stayed tell closing.  It was Beckett's first time there and he went crazy and was all over the place.  I rarely saw the big kids but made them check in  with me every few minutes.  There was also a activities room where the kids could decorate cookies and make ornaments.   The kids are already asking to go back to the museum! 






We went home for a quick dinner and Richard came home from work.  Beckett went down for his second nap.  I stayed home with Beckett and Richard left with the big kids to watch the Christmas parade down town.  I loaded them with blankets, gloves, and double jackets.  I also sent them with bags to put candy in that they caught from the parade and boy did they catch candy!  It was a full day of Christmas activities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment