Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December wrap up








Its hard to believe the month is nearly over.  I was just telling Richard weren't we just in Fort Worth, wasn't it just Thanksgiving.  This month has been a busy one.  We've enjoyed celebrating our Christmas traditions with each other.  Frosty our elf on the shelf came back again this year the day after Thanksgiving.  Our elf is not mischievous he basically just moves around everyday and reports to Santa every night.  The kids were so excited every morning to find were Frosty had moved to.  Towards the end of Frosty's time with us Beckett finally became aware that he was around and would start looking for him too.  When he would find Frosty he would laugh!!  This school year I am the room mom for Allison's class.  Which means of course that I was in charge of her school Christmas party.  I told Richard that I never want to be the room mom again lol.  Its just to much dang work, and people aren't always willing to help.  I think planning the party for me was just to much added stress to the already busy Christmas season.  The party did turn out to be a success. The main event at the party was the Christmas photo booth I made.  The kids would dress up and I would take there photos.  Then I printed out the pictures and I also made frames for the kids to put the photos in and take home.  They also got to play some Christmas games and eat a ton of goodies.  Poor Cooper missed out on his Christmas party this year, he was home sick.  But I was able to stop by his kindergarten class and pick up his goodies.  I was also in charge of creating our church children's Christmas presents.  I went simple since there are 72 children and I decided to buy Christmas bags to fill up with goodies.  It took me days to buy and put together, and I also glittered all the children's names on each bag!  I was relieved when I was done and all the gifts were distributed!  In between all these activities I managed to make some Christmas crafts.  Pinterest was a big help for Christmas craft ideas I made a framed wrapping paper tree, a Christmas card wreath, and a wreath for our door.  We were fairly consistent every night by reading verse from the bible, watching Christ related videos, and adding to our giving tree every night.  Allison and I continued with watching Christmas movies every night and everyday we jammed out to Christmas music.  My favorite music was listening to Allison practice her three Christmas songs these last two weeks.  We were also able to attended Richard's work Christmas party thanks to Richards parents for babysitting.  Richard was in charge of taking couples pictures at the party, it was a fun way to get to know everyone since Richard's the new guy to this facility.  A few days ago we managed to get Richards parents to babysit again to sneak of to the movies to see the new Hobbit movie.  What a blessed busy month of December we had.  I am hoping January is a slower month so I can relax!!

1 comment: