Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 6







Thanksgiving! My sister Heather and her family drove into Fort Worth the day before to be with all of us for Thanksgiving.  It felt nice to have half of our family together.  Although I could definitely feel the absence of my other sisters, especially Courtney!  Courtney and I are the cooks!  My mom cooks the turkey and ham, but Courtney and I make all the sides, casseroles, and pies!  I will be honest and admit I had to call her a few times for the recipes and to help me when I made a big boo boo on one of the pies!  My sister Jamie was missed but her little doggies where with us representing the Alcocer Family.  We even got to Skype them from Kazakhstan!  My mom, sister, and I pulled the meal all together and we ate some delicious food!  I really wanted a group picture of all the kids but I guess Marcus and Beckett thought it would be funny to have completely opposite nap schedules!  I did manage to grab a picture right before we ate minus Beckett.  Richard also took a nice picture with me, my mom, and sister.  We didn't stay long after lunch and were on the road back to Midland since Richard had to work the next morning!  It was a silent ride back, everyone slept pretty much the whole time.  I really enjoyed our trip to Fort Worth and the special time we got to spend with my mom.  Now that we live farther away from each other, we actually have to make plans to see and spend time with each other.  I am so thankful for my family, they are a tremendous blessing to me and children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment