Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time together




This post is from a couple of weekends ago..

I always plan my weekends around my kids!  I feel like there in school all week.  Homework, listening, school work, being quiet.  Weekends should be fun and relaxing and it should be family time.  We didn't do anything extraordinary.



Friday night Richard had a boy scout camping trip planned (he's a scout leader at our church troop). Richard had to be at work early the next morning so he didn't stay over night but went to help and hang out with the kids and other leaders.  Cooper was dying to go so Richard took him along.  Allison was bummed about not going and Beckett he was plan angry his daddy was gone.  So I decided to occupy these two.  We made cookies, pooped popcorn, and watched a movie together. 



Saturday was a day spent outside!!!! We literally hung out in the backyard all day!! We did stop before lunch and I took the kids to target to pick out there Valentine cards to exchange with there class.  Then we came home and Allison and Cooper painted Cooper's V-day box (Alli made hers at school).  Later that night after dinner and when Richard came home from work we went to the drive in to see the new Lego Movie!!! We brought popcorn, fruit roll ups, cookies, and drinks, pillows, and blankets. The big kids and Richard were so into the movie while I kept a wiggly Beckett busy in the back of the car.  It was such a cute movie from what I could hear.  Although it was nearly two hours long, to long for any kid under 4!



Sunday was another beautiful day and I knew we had a cold front coming in so after church and lunch I decided to take the kids to the park.  Allison rode her bike and I pulled the boys in the wagon.  Beckett is so independent these days and thinks he is way bigger then he is, that kid was all over the playground I could barely keep up.  Cooper made a few friends like always and Allison rode her bike around the playground.  Funny side not Alli brought her soccer ball and was kicking it around in the open field.  Well this maybe four year little boy was running into the field where is dad was flying a kite, Allison kicked the ball and the kid ran out and well she knock him clear off his feet!  The poor kid didn't cry at all he was laughing so hard.  I felt awful, and Allison with her dads identical laugh couldn't stop laughing!  Anyway we sure did enjoy the weekend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment