Tuesday, February 25, 2014

V-day 2014





Allison loves all Holidays.  Ever since she was little she has insisted we decorate and celebrate.  Growing up we really didn't celebrate unimportant holidays, really we only celebrated Christmas.  I guess I am a sucker for anything fun for my kids, and have always made all holidays no matter how small fun in some way!  Valentines Day is no exception!  My baby Alli's first Valentines day she was 9 months old and I will never forget Richard bought her her very first bouquet of flowers and a little stuffed bear.  Even when Cooper joined our brood he got a little gift, but not flowers that's just for his girls Richard says.  So every Vday the kids wake up to a little toy and candy, and every year Allison and I get flowers.  I am a sucker for flowers too, I could live with fresh flowers all over my house because I think there beautiful.  Although I usually kill all plants and my allergies can barely tolerate them but who cares they look so darn pretty!

This Valentines day I was in charge of Allison's class party being the room mom and all!  I had fun activities planned and lots of parents bringing sweet goodies for the kids!  Although I wish I would have made the connection when I agreed to be the room mom (after the other parent moved) that I would miss out on all of Cooper's parties.  My baby is in Kinder and I've missed all his parties!!  Anyway Richard has lucky been off and able to go with Cooper and we've always brought something to his parties.  The activities for Allison class were; musical hearts, heart bingo, and guess the hearts. Everything was successful that the kiddos barely had time to eat.  I call that a wrap on my party duties this year!



For Vday Richard and I went out for lunch earlier that day and to a movie a few days later.  I was also surprised when I came home from the Mary Poppins with flower, a card, and a new purse.  My Alli-cat rated me out when we were out shopping I saw a purse I liked and she insisted I take a picture of it.  We rented movies for us and the kids that night, cooked steaks and stayed in.  It was a pretty relaxing night which was exactly what I needed!!  Also excuse the lack of pictures, I didn't have a single second during the party to take pictures of Allison's class party.

No comments:

Post a Comment