Thursday, February 27, 2014

8 and holding!

 
 
 

 

Allison is eight and holding! I can't believe my baby will be 9 in two months.  Its amazing to see the growth in her personality.  Some times she can be such a tom boy, this is her athletic side slash competitive side. Allison could play any sport she is a natural.  But her true love is soccer.  She loves to ice skate, roller blade, ride her scooter/electric scooter, and ride her bike. She is constantly active and always wants to be outdoors.


Then she can be so girly! Her love for music is very evident these days.  She love songs from kids bop, one direction, Taylor Swift, and the actresses from Shake it up.  She listens to music videos from her kindle (ones we've approved of) and she sings and copies dance moves.  Allison cares about her clothes, jewelry, and hair styles. Oh her hair!  I wore my hair up yesterday mom!  I see her look in the mirror after she's completely dressed sometime.  Allison is still totally into her monster high dolls and her American dolls.  Changing their outfits constantly. 

Allison also has a special place for her love of the piano.  She practices and watches/listens to videos of songs she like and tries to replicate them on the piano.

Then the drama queen rears her head!  It's not fair I have two brothers my life is over! Or she cries in frustration because she is trying to learn to braid her hair, and absolutely refuses for me to instruct her. Then her test anxiety comes into play.  Spring brings the time of years for the dreaded state school testing the STAR test.  The pretest was tough on my Alli-cat.  She was nervous and didn't do well.  She now has a after school tutor session for help on the STAR test.  Allison was not happy about this and complained about how embarrassing it is for her to have to go.  Allison is concerned with her eyebrows and thinks there to bushy. Allison worries about being fair and to have equally attention between her brothers, this one of her biggest concerns.   





I almost left out what an amazing big sister Allison is.  She might complain about her brothers, and she might wish there were sisters instead.  But Allison truly loves her little brothers.  I caught this one picture of Allison helping Cooper read his book, which happens on several occasions.  Allison worries about Cooper.  She constantly reminds him to behave at school, she also walks him to his class everyday.  Allison is a little mother to Beckett!  She constantly loves on him, helps him, entertains him, and watches him.  I could go on and on, Allison is such a big help with Beckett.  This picture I have of the two of them is a classic example of there relationship.  Once I was scolding Beckett for something and he ran right to Allison for comfort and love.

My little girl, my daughter, the person who made me a mother!  I love this child with out judgment. She is unique, beautiful, smart, loving, and talented in so many ways.  As my first child I have and still learn so much from you.  We chat a lot!!! We are constantly talking about our values, our faith, kindness, selflessness, and so many other important attributes.  And we have our weekly girls night!  Where we just talk about life and we giggle and eat treats without the boys.  I have no doubt you know how much I love you because I constantly remind you.  One of Allison's favorite quotes. She loves Dr. Seuss.

Today you are you
That's truer than true
There is no one alive
That is youer than you.

Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment