Monday, July 7, 2014

2!!!

 
 


 
 
That was the quickest two years of my life!  My memory is still so clear of my little guys pregnancy and birth.  I prayed so hard to have Beckett come to us.  I spent so much time worrying during my pregnancy.  Even more time worrying about his place in our family.  Those concerns are in the past and Beckett's place in our family is firm, as if it was always meant to be.  Beckett has brought me so much joy and purpose!  The struggles he faced as an infant are behind him and every day I see growth.  When I hear his little voice I almost don't believe it, he knows words I didn't expect and understands more than I give him credit for.  One of my favorite things about Beckett is how cuddly he is.  There are never to many hugs or kisses in his eyes.  Beckett still isn't the friendliest kid, and prefers his parents over everyone.  I like to say he tolerates others, after warming up to them.  This is a characteristic I hope changes with in him.  As outgoing as Cooper has always been it surprises me how much Beckett shuts down around other adults.  Beckett is loving the summer and having constant companionship with his siblings.  He is always in there business, most of the time they allow it.  Allison and Beckett have a very close relationship her patience astounds me.  Cooper and Beckett are always together but not always getting along.  I am not sure Cooper is as patient as Allison. Also I don't believe he understand his role as big brother yet.  Beckett's smile is infectious.  He is always dancing and singing.  He is the biggest daddy's boy, which totally reminds me of a baby Alli.  My son came to me exactly when I need him, I enjoy teaching him and giving my attention and patience.  I am a different mom with him, I've had previous experiences and more knowledge.  As we celebrate our baby B today I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for this precious gift.  Happy birthday Beckett Paul you are loved!




Yesterday on Beckett's actual birthday before we left Fort Worth we had lunch, cake, and presents at my moms.  It was a special day for our birthday boy!

1 comment:

  1. what sweet words! Very true. I wish I could see him more to get to know him like I have the other two kiddos

    ReplyDelete