Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Trip to Fort Worth



We originally had big Fourth of July plans at Hill Country Lake near the San Marcus area with my in laws but plans fell through.  Then we invited my sister and her family to join us and then the place we were staying at was over booked.  Plan B came in and we were able to book at Lake O the Woods in Flint TX which is two hours from my mom in Fort Worth.  My sister backed out, but we were determined to make this Fourth of July special since Richard has worked the past two years.

Wednesday we drove to my moms.  Thursday we decided last minute to take the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing tour with my mom and the kids.  Being a former banker I was thrilled and consumed with all the information.  The kids enjoyed themselves the first hour.  We weren't allowed to bring phones or cameras so I have nothing to document how awesome and intricate everything was.  We took a tour with interactive radios that informed us at each 11 stations.  We were able to see the entire process of the making of dollar bills the plates, ink, paper, serial numbers stamped, cutting, inspecting, defective money, and packaging.  Then there's two levels of their museum.  My favorite part was looking at the defecive money and finding the imperfections.

After visiting the Mint we went to lunch with my mom and step dad.  We loaded up the car, and drove to the lake.






1 comment: