Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Piano Recital






Allison has been practicing for her piano recital for a while.  It was supposed to be a spring recital but scheduling issues push the date back.  I am so impressed with Allison's piano teacher who is also a friend.  I feel like Allison has progressed considerably since we've moved here.  Allison was so excited about her recital, and hoped all her family would come!  The night before Allison was a nervous wreck, she was totally chocking!  The songs she knew by heart she was making mistakes.   She insisted on staying up way past her bed time to practice.  Even with all her worrying she only messed up once, I only noticed because I've heard her play a million times.  She didn't even pause and kept her cool and kept playing.  She later told me she was shaking because she was so nervous.  Allison played two songs Hay ride and Supercalifraglist.  The recital was for piano and voice students, I believe there were about a dozen kids.  All the kids played and sung so well!  Afterwards they had refreshments and a gift for all the students!  So proud of my Alli-cat for never giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment