Sunday, October 19, 2014

School pumpkin



The kids school has an annual pumpkin decorating contest at their fall festival.  Each class room and each student are encouraged to decorate and enter their pumpkin.  Since I am Allison's class room mom the task fell on me.  Allison's teacher wanted to decorate the pumpkin during her science time, and ask to incorporate science into the decorating.  I was stumped!!!  After in listing help for ideas, I submitted two different  ideas to the teacher to have the kids to choose from.  They decided to go with making a concert pumpkin.  I searching for all the supplies and had to come up with an plan for all twenty kids participate.  Once I was in the class I departed the kids into four groups at each station.  One station the kids had to measure and pour concrete into a large container.  Next station we had to figure out how much water to concrete ratio we need, and ensure and pour water. The third station we mixed, and finally the last station we poured the concrete into the plastic pumpkin.  I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures of us making it.  Richard was able to go with me, I couldn't carry a 60 pound bag of concert.  It was such a fun project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment