Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Braces



Yesterday morning I had my top braces put on, in two months they will put my bottom braces on.  I was so worried about it and didn't know what to expect.  But it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  They put a device in my mouth to keep it open.  From start to finish it only took an hour.  They first placed each bracket on each tooth.  Then the wire goes through the brackets.  After the wires they then places the individual rubber bands on each bracket, this is where the tightening takes place.  I picked the purple rubber bands that go around my brackets.  I think the transition to braces will be easy.  I don't like hard candy, popcorn, or soda drinks.  But not eating ice is tough!  I couldn't eat solids for three hours, so later in the day Richard took me and the kids out to dinner.  It was interesting eat with braces.  I notice that oral care will be more of my issue with braces.  Flossing with braces is very different!   Anyway only 18 more months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment