Saturday, March 16, 2013

On the road!





                                                                           Cooper Took this picture                                           

                                                                             Cooper took this picture






Last Tuesday started our long drive to California.  We had such a late start too!  I was getting the highlander detailed and that didn't go well, they did such a crap job!  I made them go over it again while my sweet friend drove me around town to pick up Allison from school and to take her to piano lesson's.  After picking up the highlander, Allison from piano, and Richard from the ford house (he took his work truck to get the alignment fixed) we finally loaded up the car and left town.  We drove all the way to Tuscan Arizona and checked in super late I believe it was 1am!  We slept tell 7:30am and hit the road again.  We did make more stops for lunch, potty breaks, gas, and dinner.  I jockingly told Richard that the kids were so good the first day that Wednesday was going to be awful, but I was wrong the kids were exceptional!  We drove ALL day and pulled into Rohnert Park at 10pm Wednesday.  It was so nice to see my Aunt Steffer, I gave her such a big hug I didn't want to let her go!!!  It is definitely bitter sweet visiting her.  My Aunt Ruthie's spirit lingers there, and every where I look I think of her.  Once when I saw Beckett crawling down the hall I had a sad moment.  If you knew my Aunt Ruthie you would know of her obsession with babies.  She would have had Beckett in her arms from the moment we got there until the moment we left.  Well that is if she could have managed to hold that twenty pound heavy boy!  Rohnert Park is my childhood home.  We moved around so much when I was little.  We actually didn't move to the Kansas house until I was 12 and my mom just recently sold it when they moved.  I know my way around every part of that house the kitchen, the garage, and the yard etc!  I have visited California consistently every year of my life since I was 6, expect for the year I got married and last year while I was pregnant with Beckett.  I can drive around the town with no problems, I could get on the freeway or back roads.  It was just so relaxing to be back and to soak in and enjoy everything from the beautiful mountain green views to the fabulous company of my Aunt Steffer.  Our days in Northern California were definitely packed, but I cant stress how much I enjoy ever second of our time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment