Saturday, June 7, 2014

CA Day 2











We woke up early and were at the door at 9 to to take the ferry boat in to San Francisco.  Unfortunate for us there were no parking spots because of all the commuters!  We decide to drive in to the city.   My sweet aunt has a fear of bridges but she set her fears aside and bravely drove us in. Allison was amazed at the views, as was I.  It's been more than 12 years since I've driven in.  We parked the car and started our day.  The aquarium was our first stop three floors of marine animals.  I probably have hundred or more pictures Allison wanted to constantly stop.  My favorite exhibit was the otters, they had three baby otters.  When we first stopped by they were asleep.

After the aquarium we went to Boudin's famous bakery for a bread tour.  We bought two turtle loafs and a large loaf to take home. Allison was happily eating her bread as she watched the bakery make more turtle loafs!

Next we had to stop to buy salt water taffy, I get some for my mom every trip.   I bought a few chocolate covered Oreos for myself, yummy!

Next we had lunch at Fisherman's wharf.  Fish and chips for Alli and crab and shrimp for me, it was absolutely delicious!

After lunch we took the trolley down town to do a little shopping.  That pretty much wrapped up our day in the city.  The views the weather it's just perfect, pictures don't do it justice!

We came home made dinner.  Because Allison's bday has just recently passed Aunt Steffer wanted to take her to toysrus to pick a gift.  A new digital furby,  with an app for her kindle where she can feed, bathe, put to sleep, and entertain her new pet! For dessert my favorite ice cream an Oreo twister from fosters freeze!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment