Saturday, June 14, 2014

Schools over





It was awkward coming back to TX and being thrown into summer with the kids.  We left and the kids were in school.  It seems crazy that the school year is already over.  We moved back to midland the week that school started.  I love the kids school and I loved there teachers.  Both kids struggled in different ways but both truly grew leaps and bounds through the school year.   They also both made a ton of friends!  Kinder was tough for Cooper and his active personality.  I realized what a smarty pants he is, and how quickly he learns material.  He was quite a bit smarter than his classmates but he was also very immature!  Thanks to a loving teacher who was patient with his over active personality he improved and was so well behaved the last two months of school!  He graduated kinder way ahead of his peers reading on a solid first graders level.  I was so very sad to miss his kinder graduation but grandma and brother were there to cheer him on!

Allison started off the year behind thanks to the lovely education system of NM!  She struggled to keep up all year.  It was also a scary year with the STARS test looming over her.  Know that it's past her and she knows what to expect I don't think she fears it as much.  Allison made some truly amazing friends this year!  I was also her class room mom and I got to know parents, kids, and her teacher.  It was tough but a blessing to be with Alli so much.  Allison ended the year with A's and one B!  Also Allison finished there on grade reading level which was a big deal for her.  She didn't pass the STAR test by twenty points but still graduates to fourth grade!



We started our summer with a bang!  My friend and neighbor had asked over a month ago if I could watch her son for a week.  So not only did we fly in at 9pm but I was babysitting in the morning.  Did I mention the boy is Cooper's best friend!  The week went by fast and the boys had a blast!  We have a lot of summer plans ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment