Thursday, June 5, 2014

Leaving on an airplane..



 
Allison and I had this mother daughter trip planned since March of 2013.  We were in CA at the time during spring break. We were at my cousins house visiting with a ton of family.  I over heard my cousin mention about how next year her daughter would be a senior and graduating.  That was when the planning for us to come to her graduation began.  The timing of the graduation was not good for me.  It was Richards weekend to work, and my in laws were going on vacation for there 50th wedding anniversary. Who would watch the boys??? I literally had thought of canceling this trip several times.  My mom mentioned to me she wouldn't mind driving to midland to watch the boys.  Eventually we worked out all the little details.  Allison and I flew out Tuesday afternoon.  We had a two hour delay leaving Midland due to a sever thunderstorm coming from the Dallas area. Because of the delay we missed our connection in Vegas.  Another two hour delay.  But we ventured around the airport and ate dinner.  We pulled into Oakland before11 pm and made to my Aunts before 1am.  There was horrible traffic, car accident, and construction. But we made to California. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment