Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day 2014

 
 

The kids and I were super bummed Richard had to work.  Both kids even complained about going to church with out Richard.  Allison started to tear up and said she didn't want to sing the Father's Day song the primary children were going to sing at church.  Cooper told me after church he never wanted to go to church with out daddy on Father's Day again "I almost cried mom".  We did however surprise Richard with a few goodies before work.

We also had plans with Richards family for dinner.  We had a huge buffet of Mexican food everything from fajitas, tacos, and enchiladas!  Richard requested brownie Sundays for dessert.  I took two huge batches of brownies with all the fixings over to my sister in laws.  We ate and watched the World Cup it was a perfect evening!  It is a blessing to spend time with family.  After we put the kids to bed we stayed up tell nearly midnight watching a movie and indulging in another bowel of brownies, ice cream, and chocolate sauce!  Best day ever!  I am so grateful to my husband he is such an incredible father to our children.  I couldn't ask for a more hands on dad and partner.
 







I can't leave out another important person on this day my sweet Aunt Ruthie, it was her birthday yesterday.  Your presence is missed daily.  How I function without you in this world I will never understand or get used to.  I had you for 26 years, but to live without you the rest of my life seems impossible.  Thank you for being a constant figure in my life when others weren't.  Happy birthday Fufi!

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great day for you guys! And as Always I couldnt agree more on Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete