Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Allison's school dance




Allison came home early last week talking about a school dance.  My first reaction was that I wouldn't let her go because she is to young!  I did some digging to get more information and to see if I could chaperone.  I also called Allison's best friends mother.  I would take the girls and they would stick together while I chaperone and they would check in with me.  Allison wasn't to crazy about our deal but agreed.  We went out for a mommy daughter date to dinner at Olive Garden and then shopping at the mall for a dress and shoes.  It was so fun to chat with Alli over dinner she was taking to me so much I had to stop her to eat!  She was so thrilled about her dress she wanted to try it on for her dad and show it to her grandparents the next day when they were over. 

The day of the dance was busy I had the church craft function and we went to fiddlesticks.  On our way home I told her to jump in the shower and she said I am about to use all the soap and there won't be any left for no one!  She actually fell asleep on the couch waiting for dinner poor thing.  She got up ate, we did her hair (curls per her request), got dressed, and added lipgloss!  We picked up her friend and made our way to the dance.  I was in shock how busy the streets were leading to Midland High.  We were early and waited inline for 20 minutes.  There were a few chaperones and security surrounding the room and teenagers working the refreshments.  I stayed by the refreshments and never moved.  The kids never danced, only to the whip and nah nah song.  It was more of a social chat fest.  Allison stayed pretty close by surprisingly.  Allison and S got drinks and popcorn and I held on to them so they came back occasionally.  I am a people watcher, and enjoyed getting a up close view of all the students.  For now they were all pretty harmless the boys stayed with the boys and the same with the girls.  Everyone talked and ate.  All the kids were dressed for the most part nicely there were a handful of questionable outfits.  Half the room was in the dark which I wasn't comfortable with and the music was to loud.  Saying all this makes me sound uptight but I can't help but be overly cautious when it comes to my child.  I think I am more strict then my mom was.  Allison asked to leave early because her heel was hurting,  season has been tough on her foot and she had another growth spurt!  So we ditched about 15 minutes early.  Allison told me she was so glad I was there, they made my heart swell!  Not that I love her more than my boys but she's my Guinea pig so to speak parenting wise.  As my first born and my daughter she holds a different place in my heart then her brothers.  Glad this night is over, checking it off!

1 comment:

  1. OMG this one of the things we didnt get to talking about. I cant believe how beautiful and grown up she is these days. I LOVE LOVE the dress.

    ReplyDelete