Thursday, October 1, 2015

September 18, 1999

September 18, 1999

It's a special date to Richard and I.  It's the night we meet and he asked for my phone number.  Months went buy we spent all of our time together.  We talked on the phone everyday, we went on several dates.  Our first date was to the Saint Anne's fair.  We went to a ton of movie dates!  We also went to Midland High's homecoming.  Our first kiss at my families garage sale.  I finally mentioned to Richard that he never official asked me to be his girlfriend.  Since I was the first girl he ever dated it never occurred to him to make it official.  So we've always considered the day we meet as our official anniversary.  As it turns out 18 was Richards soccer number and it's become Allison's soccer number. 

We celebrated on the 18th and had Richards parents watch all four kids.  We went to dinner and a movie!  It was our first outing since Camden was born, without taking him with us.  Life has been on over drive since school started.  It was just wonderful to get out.  We went to dinner at Olive Garden and then to see the movie Maze Runner: Scorch Trails.  It felt surreal to be out by ourselves, like I had forgotten something really important.  I am so thankful Richard worked up the courage to ask me for my phone number.  Our life has been a roller coaster of amazing highs and lows.  I am so grateful I have an amazing partner by my side, I love you Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment