Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ear infection and Broncitis


 

 
 
The day before my wisdom teeth were suppose to be removed Beckett and Cooper had a runny nose and cough.  I was hoping it was just allergies from the wind but by Thursday night I knew I needed to get Beckett an appointment.  Friday morning I called the pediatrician and they were able to fit me in at the last appointment of the day.  I picked up Allison from school and we drove straight into Midland.  My poor lil baby B had not eaten but once that day.  First thing the Dr notice was how inflamed his ears were.  Then the Dr listened to his chest and was worried.  She insisted we do a breathing treatment and oxygen level check right then.  His oxygen levels were at 84 before the breathing treatment and went up to 93 after.  The Dr gave him amoxicillin for his ears and for his cough/breathing issues albuterol, with strict orders to bring him back Sunday if he wasn't any better and they would hospitalize him.  My poor baby was pretty lethargic.  I was so thankful my mother in law stayed in doors and took care of him while I ran around town Friday night filling prescription's etc and all Saturday while I prepared for the shower etc.  The medicine seems to be doing its job, Beckett's cough has really diminished, he still is pretty congested though.   I just wish his appetite would come back because Beckett is still barely eating twice in a 24 hour period.    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment