Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shots..



This weekend was Richard's four days off.  Cooper had kindergarten sign ups last week which meant I had to scheduled his four year shots. I figured I would need Richards help so I made sure to schedule it while Richard would be off.  After Cooper's Valentines party we pick up Allison from school early and drove into town.  Cooper was so chill about the whole thing.  He got weighed, the nurse took his height, tested his hearing, eyesight, and took his blood pressure.  Cooper even had a list of questions and pictures he had to complete.  He weighs 36 pounds and is 40 inches tall.  Cooper was right at average on his weight 51% but slightly under in height at 44%.  Then came the dreaded shots, I honestly think he had no understanding or remembrance of what a shot was.  The nurse asked him to lay down and Cooper got up on the table laid there and rested his arms behind his head.  The first shot he said ow, then the second shot he jerked his leg and cried, the third shot (which is a combined shot) he was full on crying.  Cooper never fought us, he took the shots like such a big boy.  The crying didn't last long, Richard and Cooper were laughing about it when we got to the car.  I cant believe Cooper will be five this July and starting Kindergarten in August.  Its strange because his pregnancy is still vivid in my mind, and even his infant days are still fresh memories.  It almost seems like my lil guy grew up on me over night.  I love my Cooper James:)

No comments:

Post a Comment